To help you use the Yale website, a small number of cookies are used on this site. Cookie are small text files, placed on your computer. They cannot contain anythng other than small amounts of text.
A "cookie" is a small text file that contains information and is stored on your computer. Cookies are used purely for technical purposes to facilitate use of the web page. One type of cookie saves a file permanently on your computer. It may then be used to personalize a web page according to the user’s choices and interests. The other main type of cookie is called a "session cookie". While you are visiting a web page, session cookies are sent between your computer and the server to access information. Session cookies disappear when you turn off your web browser. For more information about cookies generally please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies ASSA ABLOY specifically uses on this website are (how long the cookie is saved is stated in parenthesis after the name of the cookie):
- selectedLanguage (1 year) - This cookie is used for handling visitor language settings. If a visitor changes the language that the page is displayed in the selected language is stored in this cookie so that the correct language can be displayed at the next visit.
- Redirecturl (1 year) - Used in combination with the selected language cookie. This cookie is used for the splash screen to redirect the visitor to the previously selected language/website. Only used on websites that use splash screen.
- .ASPXROLES (session) - Cookie used for storing role names for logged in users. Used for knowing which roles the logged in user belongs to. Only used on websites that use a password protected area.
- .ASPXAUTH (session) - Used to determine if a user is authenticated or not is only set after a user has logged in. Only used on websites that use a password protected area.
- .EPiServerLogin (session) - Used to determine logged in user. Used for knowing which user is logged in. Only used on websites that use a password protected area.
- backgroundImageIndex (session) - Used for the references start page to set the start image in the slideshow.
- ASP.NET_SessionId (session) - ASP .NET uses this cookie to identify which requests belong to a particular session. This cookie makes it possible to remember and differentiate users. Only used on websites that use a password protected area.
- jQuery ThinBox (name varies by URL) (1 year) - Used for storing information when a pop-up was last displayed. This cookie will contain time when visitor has visited the given URL. Only used on websites that displays pop-ups.
- accountIndex (1 year) - Used for keeping track of the active account. Only used on websites that have the internal e-shop activated.
In addition, we allow certain third parties to set and access third party cookies on this website. These are as follows:
The following cookies are set by our web statistics tool Site Catalyst to log information about visits and visitors of the website. The statistics are used improve the user experience of the website:
- s_vi (5 years)
- s_cc (session)
- s_sq (session)
- s_lastvisit (3 years)
- sc_hasloggedin (session)
The following cookies are set by our web statistics tool Google Analytics to log information about visits and visitors of the website. The statistics are used to improve the user experience of the website:
- _utma (2 years)
- _utmz (6 months)
- _utmc (session)
- _utmb (30 min)
AddThis buttons allow website owners to easily share content with other people either via social networks, e-mail, or by bookmarking a page. The buttons provide statistics about bookmarking and sharing activity of users, and helps visitors create buzz for sites to increase popularity and ranking. AddThis is a ClearSpring Technologies company. For more information, see www.addthis.com.
Social media widgets
If you do not wish to accept cookies, your web browser can be set so that you automatically deny the storage of cookies or are informed every time a website requests to be allowed to store a cookie. Previously stored cookies can also be deleted through the web browser. Please refer to your web browser’s help pages for more information. However, please be aware that some areas or features of this website rely on cookies and so may not work if you delete or decline cookies.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about the cookies used by the website.